To remain eligible to receive Financial Aid and the EOF grant, current SAS EOF scholars must complete the following tasks by the deadlines below. Failure to complete these items before the deadlines may result in loss of EOF grant eligibility and financial aid for the academic year. Speak to your EOF counselor each semester about options for any term bill balances.
October 1-January 15: Submit the appropriate application
- U.S. Citizens or Eligible Non-citizens: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Undocumented NJ DREAMERS: The New Jersey Alternative Financial Aid Application
Fall Semester Deadline November 1; Spring Semester Deadline March 1
- Submit all requested documents listed in your Rutgers Check Required Documents Portal immediately
- Complete your New Jersey Financial Aid System "TO DO List" for State Grants and Scholarships.
Options to consider if you owe a term bill balance:
*Consult your EOF counselor for the best option for your financial situation.
- Reduce Term Bill Costs (waive health insurance, housing type, meal plans, etc.)
- Submit an appeal letter to the office of financial aid
- Submit a Special Circumstances Reevaluation (loss of income, retirement, disability, divorce/separation, loss of parent)
- Payment Plans
- Scholarships (make time to search, you can win!!!)
- Part-Time Work
- Save Refund Checks
- Private Loans (understand interest and repayment)
- Parent Plus Loan (if parent is denied, student receives additional unsubsidized federal loan)