Rutgers University-New Brunswick offers many resources dedicated to supporting your success. Your EOF Counselor is your main point of contact and will help you learn more about these different resources on campus and how to utilize each to be the most beneficial for you. Please use the links below to familiarize yourself with the different resources on our campus. Utilization of these services coupled with support services and programs offered by EOF, will help you achieve success and meet your educational and personal goals.
The SAS EOF program serves scholars who are affiliated with the following schools:
- The School of Arts and Sciences
- School of Business
- Mason Gross School of the Arts
- School of Management and Labor Relations
- Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy
Below are links to our campus partners who can be providers of great resources to our scholars!
NJ State Support Programs for Basic Needs (including food, housing and shelter, childcare, and transportation)
The New Jersey Educational Opportunity Fund provides financial assistance and support for a small graduate program. The objective of the graduate EOF program is to increase participation in graduate and professional study of New Jersey residents from backgrounds of historical poverty. Scholars who received EOF grants as undergraduates shall be given priority consideration for EOF graduate grants. These scholars are presumed to have met the financial eligibility criteria for graduate EOF as long as they continue to demonstrate financial need. Graduate grants range from $200 annually to $4,350 annually depending on the type of institution and financial need. These grants are renewable based upon continued eligibility.
- Must demonstrate an educationally and economically disadvantaged background
- Must be a New Jersey resident 12 consecutive months prior to receiving the award
- Must apply and be accepted to a participating New Jersey college or university
- Must be a full-time graduate student as defined by the institution
- Must meet the financial eligibility criteria as defined by the state of NJ.
- Must be in a degree/certificate program with a minimum requirement of 24 equivalent semester hours and be at least one academic year in duration.
Scholars should contact the EOF Director at the institution of their interest for additional information.
Rutgers University Graduate EOF Director:
Ms. Azizah Hamiduddin