AdmissionsFirst Year Students
If you believe you may qualify for EOF support, please submit:
All students admitted through the EOF Program will be notified by mail and are required to attend the five-week Summer Institute as a condition for their admission to Rutgers University.
- A Rutgers application for admission and supporting credentials. Applications are available online.
- Official SAT or ACT scores.
- Official high school records and/or GED scores.
- A College Entrance Examination Board Fee Waiver Form available from your high school guidance office.
- The School of Arts & Sciences Educational Opportunity Fund Questionnaire (EOFQ) that is included with the undergraduate application. This form helps us make a preliminary determination of your EOF financial eligibility, but does not replace the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You will need copies of your parents' federal income tax returns to complete the EOF questionnaire and FAFSA. The required year's income is listed on both documents.
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), available from your high school guidance office, the Rutgers Office of Financial Aid, or the FAFSA website (Rutgers' federal school code is 002629).
- Obtain your federal Personal Identification Number (PIN) at http://www.pin.ed.gov/PINWebApp/pinindex.jsp. You and your parent(s) each must apply for a federal PIN prior to submitting the FAFSA online.
- If your parents were required to complete Schedules C, D, or E with their federal income tax return, you'll need to send copies of all schedules and attachments along with your parents' tax returns when you submit the EOF questionnaire.
All Transfer and Nontraditional (TNT) EOF applicants must:
- Complete the EOF Questionnaire which is included in the Rutgers undergraduate admissions application.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and ensure that Rutgers is listed as the school of first choice.
- Return the admissions acknowledgement form upon acceptance.
- Submit an EOF transfer/referral form (provided by the EOF Counselor at your previous school).
- Schedule an interview with the TNT EOF Director or Counselor by calling 848-445-3091, ext. 120. The interview is required in order to make a broad assessment of the student's motivation, potential, talent, and eligibility based on any recommendations/referrals, school records, academic and personal history, and other application material. Note: No transfer or nontraditional applicant will be considered for the program without this interview.
If the candidate meets the preliminary criteria, the Director will forward his/her name to Financial Aid for an in-depth review. The names of any applicant deemed eligible are forwarded to the state EOF office for confirmation of funding. All admitted Transfer and Nontraditional EOF students confirmed for funding will be notified by phone or e-mail.Resources